After the last year, enjoying Easter with those we love (while keeping to restrictions of course), is definitely something to celebrate, and this Grapefruit Rosemary Sparkler cocktail should definitely be included in your celebrations.
Fresh and bright, grapefruit and sparkling wine are match made in heaven, and paired with dry sherry it’s a phenomenal combination. The rosemary garnish adds woody, herbal notes that compliment all the flavours.
This cocktail can be made in batches and served in pitcher, or as individual servings.
This recipe makes 6 servings. To make it, you will need:
- 250 mls dry, white sherry such as Fino
- 170 mls grapefruit juice
- 40 mls lemon juice
- 40 mls simple syrup *
- 12 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- Few pinches salt
- 1 bottle of Champagne/Cava/Prosecco/Sparkling Wine
- Grapefruit slices and rosemary sprigs for garnish
Add the sherry, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, simple syrup, Angostura Bitters and salt into a jug or pitcher. Stir well to combine and chill. Just before serving, add the Champagne/Cava/Prosecco/Sparkling Wine. Serve in coupe glass or champagne flute, and garnish with grapefruit slice and rosemary sprig.
*To make simple syrup:
- Add equal parts sugar and water (e.g one cup sugar, one cup water) to a small saucepan over a low heat for about 10 minutes
- Gently stir the mixture until it dissolves and forms a slightly runny syrup that’s about half the original volume
- Once the syrup is ready, let it cool before adding to your cocktail mixture. If you’re making a large batch, strain it into a jar and seal the lid tightly. Pop it in the fridge, it will keep for about a month
Image & recipe credit: Craft & Cocktails