Minty, citrusy and sweet, a Rhubarb Mint Mojito could be just the drink if you’re looking for something a little different for your wedding celebration or party.
A delicious combination of fresh and fruity, with a touch of rum and a splash of sparkling water, what’s not to like? Make in batches or by the serving, ready for guests for your wedding celebration or party.
This recipe makes 1 serving. To make it, you will need:
Rhubarb Mint Simple Syrup
- 2 cup roughly chopped rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint
- Sprigs of fresh mint
- 40 mls rhubarb mint simple syrup
- 60 mls lime juice
- 40 mls white rum
- Splash sparkling water
- In a small saucepan, combine the rhubarb with the sugar, water, and mint over a high heat. Once it comes to a boil, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve, removing all of the solids so you’re left with a bright pink simple syrup. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the cocktail, place a few sprigs of fresh mint in the bottom of a glass tumbler. Muddle in the glass with the back of a teaspoon, or cocktail muddler and topwith crushed ice. Pour in the cooled rhubarb mint simple syrup, add the lime juice, and rum, then top with a splash of sparkling water.
- Garnish with a bit more mint and a few lime wedges.
Tip: keep the simple syrup in a mason jar in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Recipe & image credit: Broma